Rooftop Cherry Tomato Puttanesca with Mussels
16oz fresh tagliatelle
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
8 cloves of garlic, sliced
2 shallots, sliced
1/2 cup kalamata olives
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup julienned basil
1qt of fresh mussels
2 T butter
1/3 cup grated Parmesan
1. Heat up a large sautee pan and sautee garlic and shallots until fragrant
2. Add mussels and sautee until they are just about to open.
3. Toss in tomatoes and olives
4. Deglaze the pan with white wine
5. Once mussels are open, add in butter, basil and parmesan. Toss well.
Chef Jeff Fournier of 51 Lincoln in Newton Highlands is participating in the Second Annual WGBH Food and Wine Festival, coming back to Guest St. this September 19-21. He sent us this recipe to whet your appetite for more great tastes in September.
MORE FESTIVAL INFO